In our house, buffalo chicken is a highly anticipated weekly occurrence. Everyone who knows my husband is aware of his buffalo sauce addiction, and I am his enabler. (Seriously, we use Frank’s Red Hot so often that my six year old often includes the bottle when he sets the table.) My husband is lucky enough to have some variation of his favorite meal every Friday, and I’ve created pizzas, boneless baked chicken wings, quinoa chicken bowls, salads, you name it. But the favorite (and thankfully the healthiest) is this grilled chicken recipe from PlainChicken.com.
Grilled Buffalo Chicken
- ¾ cup hot sauce (I use Frank’s)
- ¼ cup butter, melted (I use Smart Balance)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- Cooking spray
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Light ranch dressing (optional)
- Combine hot sauce, melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, and onion powder in a bowl. Reserve 1/4 cup hot sauce mixture; pour remaining hot sauce mixture in a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken breast halves to bag; seal. Marinate at room temperature 20 minutes (don’t refrigerate it – the butter will harden).
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade in bag. Sprinkle chicken with salt. Grill chicken until done. Brush reserved marinade over chicken. Serve with light ranch dressing, if desired.
For more delicious recipes, visit PlainChicken.com