Just like my belief that all vegetables taste better roasted, I believe all meat tastes better grilled. This recipe from Allrecipes.com is one of our favorites, we tend to be a little more generous with the hot sauce for an extra kick. You can even toss the shrimp with some pasta and make another batch of the marinade (minus some oil) to be used as a sauce. If you really want to get fancy, throw in some roasted vegetables as well.
Grilled Marinated Shrimp
- 1 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined with tails attached
- In a mixing bowl, mix together olive oil, parsley, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, tomato paste, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Reserve a small amount for basting later. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag with shrimp. Seal, and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium-low heat. Thread shrimp onto skewers, piercing once near the tail and once near the head. Discard marinade.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Cook shrimp for 5 minutes per side, or until opaque, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
For more delicious recipes, visit Allrecipes.com