I know you’re not going to believe me, but this deliciously cheesy and perfectly spicy stuffed chicken is actually low in fat. I know, it’s an absolute miracle! With the calories clocking in at 172 and only 5 grams of fat, this recipe from ASkinnyTaste.com is a healthy way to satisfy your buffalo wings craving.
Stuffed Buffalo Chicken
- 1/4 cup shredded 2% cheddar
- 4 wedges light Laughing Cow blue cheese (I like the jalapeno flavor)
- 1/3 cup celery stalk, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, minced
- 1/4 cup carrot, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 (3 oz each) thin boneless chicken breasts cutlets
- 15 reduced fat Ritz Crackers, crushed into crumbs
- 1 tbsp light mayonnaise
- 6 tbsp Franks hot sauce
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp light butter
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly spray a baking dish with oil.
- Mix cheddar, laughing cow cheese, celery, green onion, carrot, salt and pepper in a dish.
- Lay out the chicken cutlets, placing even amount of mixture in the middle and spread in the center.
- In one bowl make a breading station out of crushed ritz crumbs. In another bowl combine mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon of hot sauce, and lemon juice as a dredging mixture.
- Roll chicken breasts in the mayonnaise mixture, then into cracker crumbs, and put on a lightly greased pan, seam side down.
- Lightly spray top of chicken with cooking spray. Bake 30 minutes. While the chicken cooks, melt butter and mix with the remaining hot sauce and garlic powder. Drizzle buffalo sauce over finished chicken breast and serve.
For more delicious recipes, visit ASkinnyTaste.com