If you’re not familiar with Tzatziki, it’s a cold, refreshing sauce made from cucumbers and Greek yogurt. Common in traditional Greek dishes, you may have tried it on a gyro or as a dip with raw veggies. So simple to make, and so incredibly healthy, this recipe from OrganicAuthority.com I love to pair with everything from falafel to Greek chicken and all kinds of veggies.
Easy Tzatziki Sauce
- 1 medium English cucumber, peeled, seeded and finely diced
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (or strained homemade yogurt)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill (optional)
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- Toss cucumber with salt and let sit in a colander for 10-15 minutes. Transfer cucumber to a bowl.
- Add yogurt, garlic, dill and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Serve cold.
For more delicious recipes, visit OrganicAuthority.com