Well folks, this is it. The buffalo chicken that became a staple in our home every Friday night for years. I set out to replace the deep-fried take out boneless wings that we just couldn’t live without, and after many Friday nights perfecting the recipe, I finally nailed it. Enjoy!
Baked Boneless Buffalo Wings
Container count per serving: 1¼ red, ½ yellow, and 1 teaspoon
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (I use Smart Balance)
- ¾ cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- poultry seasoning, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- On a plate, crack the egg and whisk. In another plate, add the flour and season with garlic powder, cayenne, and salt.
- Season the chicken pieces with poultry seasoning, and then dip the chicken in the egg to coat. Next, dredge the chicken in the flour and place coated chicken pieces on a baking sheet sprayed with cooking spray.
- Spray the chicken with cooking spray to ensure it browns when baking. Bake the chicken pieces for 10-15 minutes and then flip and cook the other side for another 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Stir the melted butter and hot sauce together in a bowl. Dip the baked chicken in the hot sauce mixture until fully coated. Serve and enjoy!