I thought there couldn’t possibly be a buffalo chicken recipe I haven’t seen or tried, but this one from InspiredByCharm.com rocked my world. My 21 Day Fix approved version of these Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats are easy to make, fun to eat, and an awesome way to pack in some extra veggies while satisfying that hot sauce craving. Pair them with some Greek Yogurt Ranch Dressing and of course, lots of extra buffalo sauce.
Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
Container count per serving: 1½ green, 2 red, ½ blue
- 2 zucchinis
- 3 cups seasoned and cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 rib of celery, diced
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons buffalo sauce (or more, to your taste)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Cut each zucchini in half horizontally. Then with a melon baller (or spoon) carefully scoop out the center of the zucchini. Reserve ½ cup of the center and dice it up for your filling.
- In a bowl, mix together chicken, flour, salt, pepper, carrot, celery, ⅓ cup cheddar cheese, buffalo sauce and dressing.
- Place zucchini, hollow side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Fill the boats with your buffalo chicken filling. The filling should be heaping. Sprinkle with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the zucchini have achieved desired softness.
For more delicious recipes, visit InspiredByCharm.com