Fried chicken is one of the most universally loved foods I can think of. Crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside, what’s not to love? The fat and calorie content, that’s what. Luckily, this healthy baked version is just as crunchy and tender as the fried version. Dip it in some spicy, guacamole-inspired dipping sauce and you’ve got yourself a meal the entire family will love.
Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders
Container count per serving: 2 red, 1 yellow
- 1½ lbs chicken tenderloins
- 1 cup whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat egg and almond milk together in a deep dish. In a separate dish, add breadcrumbs, flour, garlic powder, salt, and paprika and mix well til combined.
- Dip each tenderloin into the egg mixture and coat thoroughly. Then, dredge the chicken in the flour and breadcrumb mixture. Place chicken on a prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-15 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5-10 minutes.
Spicy Avocado Dip
Container count per serving: 1 blue, 1/2 red, 1/4 purple
- 2/3 cup avocado
- ½ cup salsa (I used Hot)
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.