No one knows comfort food like the Pioneer Woman herself, Ree Drummond. So when I was thinking of the perfect stick-to-your-ribs, warm-your-belly recipes to feature this week, I knew she was the lady to go to. My lightened up version of her quick and easy, lasagna-like Noodle Bake will surely keep your whole family warm and cozy tonight.
Ground Turkey and Noodle Bake
Container count per serving: 2 yellow, 1½ red, ½ purple, ½ blue
- 1¼ pounds ground turkey
- 1 can 15-ounces Tomato Sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces whole wheat wide (egg noodle style) noodles
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1¼ cup small curd cottage cheese
- 1 cup 2% shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown ground turkey in a large skillet. Drain fat, then add 1/2 tsp. of the garlic powder, Worcestershire sauce, salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir in tomato sauce, then simmer while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Cook noodles until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and remaining 1/2 tsp. of garlic powder and blend til smooth. Add plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Add to noodles and stir.
- To assemble, add half of the noodles to a baking dish. Top with half the meat mixture, then sprinkle on half the cheddar. Repeat with noodles, meat, then a final layer of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until all cheese is melted.
For more delicious recipes, visit ThePioneerWoman.com