Saturday nights are pizza and movie nights in our house. We like to order a pizza, put on a movie and enjoy an evening of hand-tossed crusts, gooey melted cheese, and Pixar characters. Since the Fix, we’ve stopped ordering our weekly pizza, which has led me to all kinds of clean eating pizza-making attempts. I frequently make my own homemade crusts (which are 21 Day Fix approved), but I was completely intrigued when I came across this quinoa crust recipe from QueenEydie. This crust cooks up like a dream. It’s sturdy enough to load up your favorite toppings, but still folds nicely like a good hand-tossed crust.
Quinoa Pizza Crust
Container count per slice: ⅓ yellow, 1/6 green, ½ blue, 1/6 purple
- 1 cup quinoa
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 garlic powder
- ½ cup all natural pizza sauce
- 2/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup peppers, chopped
- ½ cup onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup Parmesan
- jalapenos, to taste
- Soak 1 cup uncooked quinoa in plenty of water for 8 hours. Drain.
- Put quinoa in blender or food processor with garlic powder and salt and blend with a little water till it’s smooth and has a pancake batter consistency.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes, flip and bake 6 minutes more.
- Top with your favorite toppings and bake until the cheese has melted.