With Thanksgiving upon us, we’ve officially begun the season of eating. And for those of us trying our best to make healthy choices (all while being passed endless plates of turkey, stuffing, and mashed potatoes) it’s hard to see a healthy option through all the gravy. TheDetoxinista offers a solution in the form of garlic and herb mashed cauliflower that can be a low-fat, low-carb substitution for the traditional butter and cream laden mashed potatoes.
Roasted Garlic and Herb Mashed Cauliflower
Container count per serving: 1 green
- Medium-sized head of cauliflower, chopped into florets (about 1 1/2 lbs.)
- 3 roasted garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a large saucepan with about an inch of water, and insert a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil, and add the cauliflower florets. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cover, allowing the cauliflower to steam for 6-8 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Drain the steamed cauliflower, and transfer to the bowl of a large food processor. Add in the roasted garlic cloves and seasonings, and process to your desired texture.
For more delicious recipes, visit TheDetoxinista.com