Looking for something healthy to serve at your next get together? This dairy-free, low calorie and extremely tasty queso dip is the answer! Share it with friends, or just eat the entire thing yourself before the party even starts. No, just kidding, better share it. Although I wouldn’t blame you if you didn’t.
The Healthiest Queso Dip in the World
Container count per ½ cup serving: 1½ green, ¼ purple, 2½ teaspoons
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup salsa, plus more to taste
- ½ cup nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tbsp lemon juice
- Bring a pot with 1 cup of the broth and ½ cup salsa to a boil. Add the chopped cauliflower and carrots, and simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Let cool slightly, then add to a blender or food processor. Add the remaining ½ cup broth and ¼ cup olive oil, and process until very smooth.
- Add the nutritional yeast, salt, and lemon juice and process until well combined.
- Pour the queso into a large bowl and stir in a few spoonfuls of salsa until it is to your liking.
- Enjoy! Serve immediately and keep warm.