I often ask myself how I can incorporate more buffalo chicken into my life. This time, it’s in the form of dense, delicious meatballs swimming in hot sauce. Perfect to bring to a potluck or to set out as a party appetizer, or just eat them all yourself. Who needs friends when you’ve got buffalo chicken meatballs?
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Container count per 3 meatballs: 1.25 red
- 3 cups ground chicken
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or spray with cooking spray.
- Mix chicken, eggs whites, onion, scallions, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a bowl until well combined. Chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes so it will be easier to shape.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, deep saute pan over medium high heat. Add broth, hot sauce, and Worcestershire. Bring to a boil, and then reduce heat to medium low and simmer until it thickens slightly, about 10 minutes/
- Take the chicken mixture out of the refrigerator. Use a large spoon or ice cream scoop to scoop into meatballs, and place them on the baking sheet.
- Cook for 15 minutes, then flip the meatballs over and cook another 10 minutes.
- Add the meatballs to the saute pan of sauce and thoroughly coat with sauce. Simmer for a few minutes, then serve.