It’s finally starting to feel like spring out, so that means it’s time to fire up the grill! This grilled chicken recipe from PopularPaleo.com is overflowing with creamy, garlicky goodness, and takes less than 30 minutes to make.
Roasted Garlic & Artichoke Stuffed Chicken
Container count per serving: 2 red, 1/2 green, 2 tsp
- 1 head roasted garlic (roasting instructions here)
- 9-10 artichoke hearts (about 2 cups worth)
- 1 tsp coarse grain sea salt (1/2 tsp for fine grain salt)
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley (folded and packed)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- a few handful of organic baby spinach
- Italian seasoning to taste (I used Mrs. Dash Salt-Free Italian Seasoning blend)
- If you are going to use bamboo skewers to secure the chicken, soak them in room temperature water while the recipe is prepared. They will catch on fire on the grill if they aren’t fully soaked.
- Add the cloves from a head’s worth of roasted garlic along with the artichoke hearts, sea salt and flat-leaf parsley into a food processor.
- Pulse a couple times to break down the ingredients, then stream in the olive oil while pureeing the mixture.
- Butterfly six boneless, skinless chicken breasts. Scoop equal amounts of the artichoke mixture and spread into the pocket on the butterflied chicken breast. Top the mixture with a small handful of raw baby spinach.
- Carefully fold the chicken breast back together and secure the open side with the soaked bamboo skewers.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning to the top of the chicken.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high or about 400°F, then place the chicken down in a single layer.
- Grill each side for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve warm with additional chopped flat-leaf parsley, if desired.
For more delicious recipes, visit PopularPaleo.com