This fun, flavorful twist on your typical meatloaf is perfect for the whole family. These healthy Paleo meatloaf “cupcakes” are a great way to keep portion control on track while still enjoying a hearty meal.
BBQ Turkey Meatloaf Cups with Mashed Cauliflower
Container count per 3 meatloaf cups: 1 red, 1¾ green, 2 tsp
- 1½ lbs ground turkey
- 1 cup yellow or red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 cup clean BBQ sauce (or make your own)
Mashed Cauliflower Ingredients
- 4 cups cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tbsp butter (I use Earth Balance vegan buttery spread)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a muffin pan.
- Make the mashed cauliflower by steaming the cauliflower until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and add to a food processor along with the butter, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Process until smooth.
- To make the meatloaf, heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, carrot, pepper, and garlic and cook until soft.
- In a medium bowl, mix the sauteed vegetables, ground turkey, egg, dijon mustard, Worcestershire, thyme, paprika, ground mustard, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup of the BBQ sauce.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin pan to make 12 individual meatloaf cups. Top each with a spoonful of the remaining BBQ sauce.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Top each meatloaf cup with mashed cauliflower. Serve.