There’s a reason all the cool kids are eating kale these days. It’s packed full of vitamins and has a dense, chewy bite that makes salads super satisfying. This refreshing salad features kale alongside sweet raisins and toasted pine nuts, tossed together in a tangy lemony dressing.
Kale Salad with Pine Nuts, Raisins, and a Lemon Vinaigrette
Container count per serving: 1/2 green, 4 tsp
- 4 bunches of leaf green kale, stems removed, chiffonade (about 4-6 cups)
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (or to make it vegan, use Nutritional Yeast)
- 1 cup scallions (or to taste), finely chopped
- 1 cup organic raisins
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2-3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Toast the pine nuts in a dry pan over medium high heat. Watch carefully, they can burn easily. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Parmesan (or nutritional yeast), salt and pepper. Toss with kale, scallions, raisins, and pine nuts.
- Prepare an hour or two before serving. Keeps for 2-3 days.