This Quinoa Chicken Parmesan could quite possibly be the most ingenious use of quinoa I’ve ever come across. DamnDelicious.net get major points for creativity… and taste! And because it’s baked and not fried like traditional chicken parmesan, and uses healthy, protein-packed quinoa in lieu of breadcrumbs, this is a nutritious twist on a classic Italian favorite.
Quinoa Chicken Parmesan
Container count per serving: 1/2 yellow, 1 red, 1/4 purple, 1/2 blue
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce, homemade or storebought
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, chiffonade
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large saucepan of 1 1/2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions. Stir in Italian seasoning.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, dredge chicken in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in quinoa mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place chicken onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Top with cheeses and marinara. Place into oven and bake until cheeses have melted, about 5 more minutes.
- Serve immediately, garnished with basil, if desired.
For more delicious recipes, visit DamnDelicious.net