If you’ve got 30 minutes, can brown meat and boil water, you can make this savory and satisfying meal. These stuffed peppers skip the rice but are plenty filling, and are a great way to keep portions under control.
Ground Turkey Stuffed Peppers
Container count per serving (1 stuffed pepper): 1 green, 1 blue, 1 red, ½ purple
- 1¼ lbs ground turkey
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1½ cups marinara or pasta sauce
- 1⅓ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Cut the tops off the peppers and remove seeds. Cut away the stems and chop the remaining pepper that surrounded the stem. Set chopped pepper pieces aside. Boil the empty peppers for 5 minutes, then drain and place in a baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large deep skillet, add the ground turkey and chopped peppers. Cook over medium heat until turkey is browned. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire, salt and pepper. Lower heat to low and add marinara and half of the cheese, and cook until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes.
- Stuff each pepper with the meat mixture and top with remaining cheese. Cover with tin foil and cook for 15-20 minutes. Set oven to broil and remove foil, then broil 5 minutes or until cheese starts to brown.