Who doesn’t love a creamy, comforting bowl of pasta? This recipe from IowaGirlEats.com is similar to alfredo sauce but with an awesome garlicky twist. Made with simple ingredients, this dish comes together quickly and is perfect by itself or topped with grilled chicken or steak.
Creamy Garlic Pasta
Container count per serving: 2 yellow, 1½ teaspoons
- 8 oz pasta
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- ¾ cup low sodium chicken broth
- ¾ cup milk (I used almond)
- salt & pepper
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- Cook pasta in a pot of salted, boiling water until al dente. Drain then set aside. Let pot cool off the heat for several minutes.
- Return pot to stove over medium heat then melt butter in olive oil. Add garlic then saute until golden brown, about 30 seconds, being very careful not to burn. Sprinkle in flour then whisk and cook for 1 minute. Slowly pour in chicken broth and milk while whisking until mixture is smooth. Season with salt & pepper then switch to a wooden spoon and stir constantly until mixture is thick and bubbly, about 4-5 minutes.
- Take pot off the heat then stir in parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and parsley flakes until smooth then add cooked pasta and stir to combine. Taste then adjust salt & pepper if necessary.
For more delicious recipes, visit IowaGirlEats.com