There couldn’t be simpler, more flavorful way to enjoy fresh summer tomatoes. This recipe from JoyTheBaker.com features the classic combination of tomato, garlic, and basil in a light but satisfying meal that’s ready in just 30 minutes.
Roasted Tomato and Garlic Pasta
Container count per serving: about 1.5 yellow (depends on what shape pasta you use), 1 green, 1 tsp, blue
Note: measure out your Parmesan in the blue container
- 4 large red tomatoes, halved
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 heads garlic, skin on and tops cut off
- sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 pound pasta, boiled and drained
- olive oil (Be sure to measure what you use. I used about 3 tsp on the tomatoes, 1 tsp on the garlic, and 2 tsp tossed in the pasta.)
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves, torn
- coarsely grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place tomatoes, cut side up on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle generously with olive oil and sprinkle well with salt and pepper. Roast until tomatoes are browned and wrinkled, about 30 minutes.
- Roast the garlic heads at the same time! Place garlic, cut side up on a a large piece of parchment paper. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap parchment and tie with kitchen twine. Place in a small round pan and roast with the tomatoes, about 30 minutes or until completely browned and softened.
- Boil the pasta while the tomatoes and garlic roast.
- Assembling the pasta is simple. Toss cooked pasta with tomatoes, soft garlic pressed from the head, olive oil, salt and pepper. Top with fresh basil and cheese. Enjoy!
For more delicious recipes, visit JoyTheBaker.com