Usually chicken thighs are considered a less healthy choice due to the higher fat content, but this delicious recipe from KaylnsKitchen.com uses skinless thighs that are trimmed of fat, resulting in lean, juicy chicken smothered in a thick, spicy sauce.
Baked Buffalo Chicken Thighs
Container count per serving: 1 red
- 10 skin-on-bone-in chicken thighs (or buy bone-in skinless thighs if you can find them)
- salt and fresh-ground black pepper to season chicken
- 1 tsp. dried Poultry Seasoning
- 1/3 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 1/2 T olive oil
- 1 1/2 T Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. onion powder
- 1-2 tsp. Green Tabasco Sauce (probably optional, but this does add another dimension of flavor)
- 2 tsp. yellow mustard
- 1 T sweetener of your choice (I just used a stevia packet)
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Spray a glass or crockery baking dish with olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Use kitchen shearsor a sharp knife to remove the skin and trim away all the fat from the thighs, paying special attention to the pocket of fat on the underneath side.
- Put the chicken thighs skin-side up in the baking dish and season with salt, fresh-ground black pepper, and the dried poultry seasoning. Bake chicken 15 minutes while you whisk together the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, olive oil, Worcestershire Sauce, onion powder, garlic powder, Green Tabasco Sauce, yellow mustard, and sweetener to make the sauce.
- After initial 15 minutes, turn the chicken pieces over, and brush with half the sauce mixture, and bake chicken 10 minutes more. Then turn chicken again (so skin side is up again) and brush with the remaining sauce and bake another 20 minutes. Serve hot.
For more delicious recipes, visit KaylnsKitchen.com