This quick and easy, family-pleasing meal from ChocolateSalad.com is a healthy take on the classic beef and noodles dish. It comes together using simple ingredients in just about 30 minutes.
Container count per serving: ½ red, ¼ green, 2 yellow
- 16 oz lean sirloin steak
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbsp flour
- 6 oz dry whole wheat egg noodles
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Heat a large sautee pan to medium high heat. While pan is heating, slice steak thin and add to pan. Season with a good amount of salt and pepper. Sautee steak until it’s all browned. Remove from skillet and set aside in a bowl.
- Put skillet back on stove and pour in olive oil. Add onions and mushrooms and cook for a while until onions and mushrooms are very soft. About 6-7 minutes or so.
- Add four to veggies in pan and stir around until flour is all coated on the veggies.
Add both broths, stirring or wisking as you do. Bring to a simmer, add meat back into the pot, cover and simmer for about 10-15 minutes.
- Add egg noodles and try to get as much covered with liquid as you can. It’s ok if the noodles stick out a little bit . Cover and let simmer another 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are soft and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add lemon juice and stir around. At this point you could stop if you wanted a dairy free option. If not, add the greek yogurt and stir until completely incorporated. Enjoy!
For more delicious recipes, visit ChocolateSalad.com